Monday, December 15, 2008

My Mantle




So my hubby made me a mantle. I had made the fake fireplace for my classroom at school and he saw it and told me to bring it home and put it up and we would hang the stockings on it. So I brought home and we put it up and he measured it and went to Home Depot and got the wood. Friday night he brought it home and we placed it on the wall and he decided it needed to be stained so we went to Home Depot again on Saturday and got the stain. He has worked on it all weekend and this is my finished product. It is so pretty and I think it is one of the best CHristmas presents. He is soooo sweet!!!!!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Very cute and creative. Is there room for 7 stockings though?

Tina said...

Way cute and sweet! I want Lewis to work on the office/baby room for my Christmas but I think I will have to wait on that :(

Bekki said...

That is really nice! Great idea, too!!

Unknown said...

Great job! Have a wonderful Christmas!! love you, auntie Jane