Monday, March 2, 2009

Gramps

So if you don't know my grandpa is very ill and will be passing away soon. Over the last couple of days I have had a lot of time to think about this. He has Alzheimer's and dementia. I can only imagine what it must feel like to be loosing your mind and have no control over it. I know it must be driving this genius of a man crazy. He was always so amazing and smart. He always knew the right things to say to make you feel better and was so concerned about others. I know that he will be happier with grandma again. I hate to see him go but I know that God has better plans for him. I was talking with my cousin about this earlier tonight and we started talking about all the fun things that we used to do with him. Like Twinkies and A&W Root beer, or Flat Cat Pancakes on a Saturday morning when we had stayed the night there. Or Playing John Phillips Sousa as loud as the stereo would go to wake us up. Or coming to visit the Michelle and Tina travel agency to take trips to Swaziland. I love you gramps and wish you well. Kiss grandma for me!

2 comments:

Tina said...

Ditto!!

Bekki said...

Y'all are in my prayers! XOXO